December Commotion

There are only 24 hours to any day, or so I have been told. But I am convinced that I have been going  at a bit of an extended 'mean' time. ....i.e. I think my clock is perhaps accelerated or extended or spinning out of control. And I LOVE that. I do! It is a sickness. I might have ADD and it is my way of masking with the continuous motion from one task to the next. OR, it might be that despite my countless time management classes and lectures which I have delivered are not being applied by, ah, me! OR it could be that we are just having fun doing......doing....doing. AND now that we KNOW the Mayans were wrong about the end of the world we can reflect on the good days and plan for the future, right?

The fall semester ended with a potluck and many gift exchanges. Cody had a great semester and was able to do many fun and new things. Christmas gift.....new/better camera that will be used when supervised:-) but to improve his photography. He is already amazing. Always centered, well lit, perfect!






The Nutcracker Ballet consumed the last couple of weeks. Practices on weekends then during the week then the show, two nights at the Orpheum in Phoenix. First, Miss Caroline Atkinson. I am so amazed by her stamina and passion, and constantly grateful to know her, let alone call her friend. Second, more than 100 kids and adults in the production with a multitude of gifts and abilities. Third a treasure chest full of New York Ballet costumes and many adaptations that gave us the most stunning cast. Fourth a house full of enthusiastic patrons who were equally amazed by what they saw. An incredible, unforgettable, life changing moment.







Christmas. WHAT? It is Christmas already. I am NOT prepared. I will apologize now for not having my cards done yet. Count on New Years. Sorry friends and family. And don't get too jiggy waiting for gifts either. Some of you are lucky, some of you are waiting........don't give up. I will get them out in the mail the next business day..............right?

My beautiful neighbors added to my guilt by showering us with baked goods. When I told them of my challenges this past month they were most supportive. Of course that was after I promised a treat for New Years.....hmmmmm. It is a great place to be.

Finally we finished our weeks of dancing, acting, changing andwaiting with a position as the volunteer assistance in the 1st and 2nd grade class for Christmas Eve services. Other than losing one (not) we did not have too much  trouble. The church looks beautiful and the train in the children's ministry is awesome. So cool. Anyway, it is a perfect scene with children chasing the train, singing carols and learning about the reason for it all..................... Jesus, in case you aren't sure. :-)

 


When I think about all the preparation and planning and stress, I am reminded that it is the very simple things that bring the greatest joy! Or at least it should be. You see, while Cody LOVED all the decorations and all of his gifts very much, he was most excited for the tape and pipe cleaners for his 'inventions'. There is never enough tape in this house. So I guess the question is, what did it take for you to enjoy the holiday? Did you need lots of things to help you 'enjoy' or was it the very simple things that made the day special? I hope that as another year begins that the very simple, quiet, easy things will bring the greatest joy to you!

Comments

Popular Posts