What a Difference a Year Makes..................

I remember just last year my mother had fallen and ended up in Sun Grove Village CC. Worried about her hair appointment, not happy with her hair do and fairly certain she needed a new blouse. I am grateful for that opportunity to take care of her in those last months though at times she reminded me why children move away from home, some farther than others. LOL. She always had a quick wit and great sense of humor. She smiled often and really enjoyed her family, REALLY enjoyed her family. Not enough visits or pictures to keep her satisfied. Every time I walked through her room I would see different pictures taped up on the wall, her dresser or stacked by her bed. Her greatest desire was to get to 'touch' them all at least once. And we almost made it!! I think alot of that was related to her own early years. In the good old days, family lived and stayed close to home. But as she married and moved away she rarely got to see her family. The military life did not really suit living in one place. She missed that. And now in this modern era the grandchildren all moved away and married and had children......and she had to wait to meet them or missed them all together. There is something about touch, putting your eyes just once on your own family and enjoying the imagination of what your legacy will be. We are a musical, military, medical, mechanical, laser engineering, educating, dancing and farming kinda family with some still finding their first path or maybe starting the next one. We are decendants of a pilot and homemaker both completely invested in their children. I hope that we will pass on the things that were important to them and their character to those who come behind us. In the meantime, I am relishing my photos, stacks of them.


Comments

Popular Posts