Well That's All Folks

Eight years ago I started this therapeutic blog. It was an outlet for a time when I was isolated and lonely following a serious car accident on June 5, 2009. My body and mind suffered through years of missed work, pain, surgeries and more. I have come out stronger because of God's grace and by practicing patience. Yes it is a learned skill, and yes, it CAN be learned......with lots of practice.

It has allowed me to chat mindlessly, tell stories, cry a little, reflect a lot, share memories and even be a bit philosophical. I never did it for an audience though at times I had some great interest in a few posts. Like any good book, it feels that I have reached the epilogue. And that is OK.

I have enjoyed the opportunity to think out loud, so to speak, but truth be told I am a vapor in the wind. I really do understand that more than some. First, I am a mortal created being and will return to dust one day, if I am not raptured. Second, I have a beautiful full life (would not change one thing) but no one to inherit my story. And that's OK. It is fitting that I fade into the (Hollywood backdrop) sunset.

I have the joy of celebrating the journey of all my wonderful nieces and nephews as well as our dear extended forever family of friends who are making the most wonderful stories to carry on in their families. It is such a privilege to be a part of that and they have brought countless hours of joy to our family. This life is amazing.

So to those who might wander onto this blog, that is the story and I am sticking with it. It is a happy tale filled with moments of tragedy and evidence of the fabric of our incredible family.

I leave you with my favorite verse, one I repeat many times a day;

Jude 24-25
24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.


Comments

Popular Posts