distraction



Whether it is a joyful event or a concerning one, distraction can be found. As a matter of fact it can find me in the middle of doing the dishes. One minute you are organized and have a game plan for the day, the next you are coloring with your son while watching a Frasier rerun. That's right, I color, and I am good too!

It seems this past year has been full of distractions. Change in work status, change in health status, child events, parent events, neighbor events. Even in the community, distractions. A favorite clerk at our local grocer died very suddenly before Christmas. Distraction. My son had to endure an extensive dental procedure ... twice. Distraction. My mother landed in the hospital. Distraction. I have a new job. Distraction.

Good or bad, it changes the delicate balance which is me and I become distracted. I was so surprised and grateful when I finally accepted my job loss (not necessarily when it occurred just when I acknowledged it was so!)as I was suddenly putting in order many things that had fallen way down the list. Much of it due to the daily distractions of a married mother, employee, student, caregiver. And the whole age thing, well, I am willing to admit it may be a factor.

What that moment of order provided was an opportunity for me to evaluate some very important voids. I had not been as well acquainted with some relatives as I desired. I made some contact. What WONDERFUL people. Acquainted. I was not good at keeping up with some dear friends. Reconnected. I enjoyed finding a little order.

Now that I am working I feel a little distraction sneaking in. So in order to prevent a complete collapse of order I am planning regular time to continue some of my new found fun; writing, mailing, visiting, creating, cleaning (trust me, it is necessary), planning. I am hopeful that I can maintain this joy. But feel free to let me know if you see me slipping or becoming..............distracted.

Comments

Popular Posts