Supersize These!

I have spent the last 2 1/2 years changing...........ME. I think for the most part, for those things that are under my control, I have done pretty good. When it comes to shopping for clothes and style, I got this. From my years of experience I know the best shops for elastic, stretch knit and all things with x's in the size label. I had never enjoyed finding sizes with a single place letter or a zipper.







Then I made some lifestyle changes:

Upon discovery of Celiac Disease - we had to go gluten free. Who knew,right? Pros are I feel GREAT! Cons are that gluten free food is FREE of gluten but often LOADED with sugar, calories and fats. A real education for those who can not ingest the lethal grains. I read labels, I modify recipes, I add low/no calorie things to fill the space in the fixins'

http://webglutenfree.blogspot.com/

What really started this journey was a son who was chronically and critically ill for 12 years. After a series of routine visits, tests and appointments, a freaked out mom (me) pulled his life story of results into a spreadsheet and started her own pursuit of answers. THANKFULLY we found a great friend (Michelle), some great doctors (Dr. Kolpuru and Dr. Panchoosingh)and answers.

As an auto-immune, hereditary disease, family are tested. By the time I had my blood work I had already been gluten free for a couple of months, long enough to skew the results to borderline. BUT, I had already had symptoms I had lived with for years disappear. AND the profile I took from Cleveland Clinics Celiac disease center I had all of the risk/indicators. So gluten free for five years we are free of frequent emergency room visits, chronic respiratory illness, migraines, and pneumonia. Wonderful!




Then came the weight loss........A life long struggle that consumed me in a moment, a sudden epiphany. And I have not looked back. I struggle, have some up and down, because despite the fact that I have mastered a lifestyle change in my eating I am ...... well for the most part, human! I have human behavior, human hormones, and human emotions, all of which can be most challenging at times. BUT I have the answer for ongoing success. Each failure (or decision) has equal opportunity to be followed by success (better decision). We can always make one more better decision.


http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=515298918843171114#overview/src=dashboard





So now I have fun trying some new and different things. Always looking for comfy unders and overs. I am told 'try these' you will love them. So I look at the package and determine that while I hate buying anything with an X in the size, I will buy the XL. Well, you tell me what you think....




What started as an adventure in new cool things instead left me with MANY questions. For beginners, XL WHAT? Infant? Alien? Anorexic?
What would the outcome be if indeed I did manage to force feed my body into the 'garment'? Would I be able to breath? Would I need to have them surgically removed? Would my displaced body mass go UP or DOWN? What is the likelihood they would return to their original shape should I successfully remove them without a blade of some kind? Clearly more questions then answers. I opted to remain upright and respiring without the excess compression that I am sure would be induced from the presence of these unders!

Perhaps I may never be ready for an undergarment that can be used as a hair tie, or be interested enough to have to fast to apply unders. What I did realize is that I love some things comfy, no matter what the size. So dear super spandex, I leave you to the tiny people who need to experience this tiny accomplishment to feel beautiful. I will focus on something else. Jewelery perhaps.........My earring size has not changed in years.


Comments

Popular Posts