Insecurity

Oh yeah baby, I got it. I know all things are clearly under the control of the creator of the universe, master creator of the human body, creator of the hot fudge sundae. But this is my kid we are talking about. Is He able, prepared, does He have any idea what is going on?

Don't answer that. I am certain you are preparing for a serious fast and prayer for my soul.We need an intervention!  You are thinking how can anyone who trusts God, Father of ALL, Ruler of Everything be even remotely concerned about her son. How could it be? Doesn't she trust Him? Doesn't she believe?!!


Well of course I do. BUT!!! I am sure I have seen a zillion scriptures that have to do with the 'but', but I just have to find it. I am sure that God loves me in all circumstances including my anxiety, BUT! I know He has the perfect, designer road map, BUT! I am positive, beyond doubt that He has considered every single need, BUT! I am NOT alone in the land of 'but'! It is a crowded resort, not really a restful place, but a noisy chaotic foggy destination. I have probably seen some of you there. There is only one way out of this hotel. Lets discuss the facts.

You thought evil against me BUT GOD meant it for good ....Genesis 50:20
BUT The Lord thy God turned the curse into blessing...... Deuteronomy 23:5
Saul, the enemy, sought him out BUT GOD did not deliver him to the enemy......1 Samuel 23:14
No need to be worried or afraid, the battle is not yours BUT GODS......2 Chronicles 20:15
My flesh and heart may fail BUT GOD is my strength and portion ......Psalm 73:26
Enemy is all around, BUT GOD is my defense and my rock! psalm 94:21-22
Grass and Flowers die BUT GOD'S WORD lives FOREVER ?...Isaiah 40:8
But there IS a GOD!......Daniel 2:27-28
But with GOD all things are possible....Matthew 19:26
BUT GOD knows the heart ....Luke 16:15
BUT GOD gives His love to us BEFORE we ask ....Romans 5:7-8
We deserve death BUT GOD gives eternal promise. .....Romans 6:23
BUT for the GRACE of GOD go I a fool chosen ..... 1 Corinthians: 1:26-27
BUT GOD is faithful!..... 1 Corinthians 10:13


But, but, but! Sigh, I must confess He created life, He fed 1000's on a few fish an loaves, He rained Quail on stubborn Israelites, He taught a simple man to build an ark, He healed a leper, drove demons out of a boy, loved a sinful woman, called small children. He loves so much more than my simple, narrow visioned, human, mother eyes can see. Why HE loves my son more than ME!



It is clear that while I am here fretting over the unknown, He is on the other side of life waiving us in. HE has already 'proofed' the map and is prepared to walk us to the other side. As Cody so classically tells me, "Mom, you are a little upset. Just count to ten, take a deep breath and calm down!" So when you pass by me it is most likely true that you will hear me sighing deeply, often, as I implement my therapeutic intervention so skillfully taught to me by the one I most desire to protect. Calm down, take a chill, it's all good.

Amy Quinn Trust My Love

He is not afraid. He is excited. He is looking forward to the next adventure. He is planning for his day job and his super hero night job. He has a plan and He is ready. Sigh!! I am going to be ready, I promise. But, I believe that even if I leave all that misdirected energy in a closet I will need lots of loving reminders and Kleenex to get there.

But if I wait upon The Lord, if I hope in The Lord, I shall have renewed strength; I shall mount up with wings as Eagles; I shall run and not be weary; I shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 But if I will trust in His unfailing love I will rejoice......because He has rescued me! Psalm 13: 5-6


Sigh.....ok

Comments

Popular Posts