Amazing Brother

So I have this amazing brother. He is not perfect, just to be clear, being human and all. But he is loyal, honest, compassionate, dependable, funny, adventurous, a giant kid and all around the best brother ever. He just had a birthday, a big one!! Not the one that makes you legal to vote, drink or run for president. Not the one where you get black candles, lots of jokes or waterproof unders. No this was much bigger, SS kind.





He is going to have the option to work or not, put up with buerocracy or not, play golf or not. Great times ahead as he now can clutter his calendar with things he WANTS to do as opposed to being told to do. Awesome. I actually already have a list of things I want to do but am so young I am no where near being able to do them. This will be his starter list. After all, he will have loads of time to do all kinds of things when he decides it is the 'last' day. Sweet!

He can enjoy babies ( his and theirs) and hunt down family history, take four million more pictures we will never be able to organize, visit family (me, me, me) and travel around the globe. Maybe volunteer, so many great things to help with. Perhaps take up hiking, well after he has his hips and knees done. And painting, a peaceful thing he can do along with Bob Ross as he speaks so softly that your brook and trees are happy or have become Chinese New .year symbols if you drift off mid-episode. That's alright, you can watch them over and over.



I can't wait to see what he does on his next great adventure but I hope it is a blast and brings him joy. I had a great family growing up and I am so grateful we remain close today. Happy Birthday Big Brother!! Love you always.






Comments

Popular Posts