Travel America

I grew up in the days of long car rides, sleeping on each others shoulders (or laps), slobber and windows! You know, the clear glass thingies on the doors with the changing screen savers aka scenery. Scenery So I loaded my boy in the car, he loves to travel, and we were on our way.

We enjoyed seeing everyone along the way and did so many fun things. What a great trip for us as we will certainly re-live the moments for a very long time. It is such a joy to spend time with family, catch up and share hugs (and coffee). I have a full heart and am blessed to see all the additions to our family as well as to see how much older everyone looks.......lol! Ok, grown up will do I guess.

Some of our great fun included climbing mountains and drinking some healing spring waters that I am fairly sure will kill all bacteria or any form of life (nasty);  the longest road trip to a hotel (are we there yet began 45 minutes in to a 7 hour day); cooking out in the dead of winter surrounded by elk, moose and a stray pointer hunting down our meats; chasing critters into dens on the farm; playing a rather disturbing game requiring a mouthpiece and adult diapers (don't judge me); watching fish throw themselves out of the water; seeing dinos literally being dug out of the fields of ash in the middle of no where; collecting baby spittle from three states; attending an olympic stair climbing event; seeing a great game and stellar pitching; and sooooo much more. I am sure Cody has his list as well but I bet it is close!

I also saw another side of dogs, poor things. They hunt cooked elk, mounted deer, invisible balls, giant balloons and so much more. I cant say for sure, but it could be that they are not QUITE as intelligent as we have thought. BUT they were all the most affectionate by far literally demanding lap space despite their 'portly' build or size. It is all good, nothing like a little dog hair and slobber to make every day complete. And there were cats, you know.

The scenery, clouds, sunrise/sets, long drives, dueling vocals and time of rest gave me renewed vigor for getting back to work. Driving clears my brain especially in the uncluttered midwest. I am completely diverted by the country and the history it has to tell about the growth of our country. I could spend hours just looking at old homesteads, cars, silos and other country buildings that are really in their final hour. I wonder what story goes with each one and am genuinely sad at the thought of it being erased from our sight and minds. Rather like we see happening with other things, out of sight out of mind. I get carried away at what life was like there, how they lived, how they survived. Can you just imagine?

Anyway, Just a fantastic start to the summer and a gift to us to have time with those we love, and many drove hours to see us. Totally humbled to be a part of this family. I am sure there will be many stories. I will look forward to them all. In the meantime here are a few of the pictures from our Roadtrip 2017

Comments

Popular Posts