Out There





I have spent a few months away from the keyboard and have really missed it. I realized a few things over the past few weeks that were further confirmed in the conversation of a dear friend. Life presents with so much material, good or not so good, that it is a waste to let it all go unnoticed.


I have spent the past couple of months marching through hospitals, doctors offices, graduation ceremonies, grocery stores and so much more. I have sacrificed form for necessity so to speak. And so I am forced to write a poem to express my thoughts in my mid-year of my mid-life year.....figure that out!

Roses are red,
Bougainvilleas are pink,
Caring for others
Can be crazy I think.

Will I remember to bake
clean or to shop
Or all the appointments
Ha, I think NOT.

I forget the cereal and
milk and the eggs
I am not even sure if
I have shaved my own legs!

But it is all good
I love the honor at hand
My family and friends are
the best in the land.

So there it is. I am ready to renew my conversation in text. I am certain that I am not alone in the frenzy of life. Another dear friend has the same load and challenge to stay organized, put together and she still looks great! So my assessment is we are more alike than unalike. Thank goodness you all can relate and understand. If you can't you are either under 30, not a parent or live in a remote corner of the world with limited contact with humans.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts