Time Flies

l

Four days ago I was in my favorite second grade class. Mrs. Cheney would spend the day telling Huckleberry Finn stories when she would substitute. We would talk about far away places and eat chocolate. The next day I was working as a nurse in a trauma unit. Every moment a life on the line, could be the patients or mine!! Gang violence can really perk up your night.
Then morning comes to day three. I am going in for the third time in as many weeks to try and deliver this enormous baby. He was going nowhere. Can't say I blame him. Finally they determine he is out of space and time. He is going to come out. Phew
But then this morning as I dropped him off at program I saw it. A glimpse into time as he stood next to a picture of himself taken a little over three years ago. Three years has flown by. He is still adorable of course, but he's huge! He has facial and body hair. He likes golf and robots and girls.
What happened to all those hours I cherished? It is mind blowing as I don't feel that much older. I wouldn't turn the clock back but I sure wish I could stroll through some of the better moments in life. Sigh!
For now I will be content with reminiscing as tomorrow will be another 10 years from now. So glad I get a glimpse.

Comments

  1. Why do they have to grow up? I thought childbirth was painful. Haha Love this picture of Cody.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts