2 Decades and Counting



I remember taking dance lessons at Arthur Murray studio and going deep sea fishing with the girls in Cabo San Lucas. I actually am a very good dancer having grown up with disco and platforms. Six inches and never fell down. And I caught a 110 pound marlin in Cabo. What fun memories. I had finally decided single was okay. I was content. And then I met him.
Tall, handsome, tall:-) We both were newly attending Calvary, our church still today. I was inviting a group of folks over to watch football. Handing out home info. He didn't come. That was fine. Over the next couple weeks we moved into our new church building. I bumped into him and strange, brief yet informative conversations occurred. Who we dated, where we worked, hobbies.
It would be at Christmas Caroling it would happen. He came across a big room full of people to walk me to my car, where we talked for a very long time. I loaned him some music CD's and we were off. He was baptized the next day. I brought him brownies;-)
We wouldn't speak again for weeks. What we found out later was we were both telling family and friends about each other. Ahhh. A couple weeks after Christmas my phone rang. It was him! He
wanted to return my tapes. He had gotten my number off that football flyer from...October!
We talked for three (3) hours! We set a date and well, the rest is history. We were engaged about six weeks later. He proposed over pizza and Rick Godwin. PERFECT! A few phone calls and we were set. Five months later we were married. We were honored to have his brother marry us. Wonderful day!
Fast forward to 2011. We are slightly older and can't eat as much pizza or eat it as late at
night. We find papers all over with phone numbers but now we don't know why or for who.
We are still at Calvary but now Rich is working there. We have some gray hair, less hair and live vicariously through our son and wonderful family and friends. We are content, thankful God gave us a peaceful home. I am always amazed that I would be given this man who loves God. Completely, obedient despite the cost. He is generous without question moved constantly to meet the needs of others. He is a great friend, one never lost or swayed by any circumstance. He is honest always looking for Gods purpose in any situation. He is mine!
So to review: flyer, carols, cd's, pizza, married. Cool! Happy Anniversary

Comments

Popular Posts