What A Week It Has Been

I love the ability to run in circles without hitting the wall. Hmmm, wait, I have hit the wall before. BUT if I recall that was my sisters fault, she was chasing me after all.....or my parents fault for buying a house where you could run in a circle. I will have to ponder that in another post:-)

Now that I am old, I can usually avoid the walls, but the pillow, man, I can not seem to miss that. Hits my head every night! Oh well, if I have to endure it I will. In any event, I am able to rise every day, God willing, and enjoy the constant motion of work and home. I am never bored, which is good, as that would be devastating to my waistline. So here is a glimpse of life in the hood.

 Greatest Birthday Party! We joined some of Cody's dearest friends at the park to celebrate Kaleb's birthday. Great weather, excellent food and a lot of fun watching these teens enjoy each others company.



It would be safe to say that the grown ups had as much fun watching as they did playing that is for sure. 

Then there was a fun excursion to see our cousins in Tucson. They have moved into a lovely first home. Such a nice neighborhood and the views in Tucson, wow! In Peoria we see mountains as they surround the smog which blurs the view of the daily commute, UNLESS we have a great storm to clear the mud from the sky. Anyway, great fun catching up. The kids had fun and of course I took ooodles of pictures:-) And Evangeline took some too. She takes after cousin Cody I think.






I have been so grateful to get to spend time with our Tucson cousins and get to know their family. Cody really loves having "cousins" to talk about. He was even more excited to have a real story to tell at school Friday. He usually has to make something up to tell his teachers about his weekend as apparently we are BORING and don't do any fun things like parties, fllying to the beach, going to the movies and so on. Of course, if you are one of his teachers you are convinced we have 5 children, 3 girls and 2 boys. He has names, ages and where they go to school. And he has it hardwired. Who knew!!

My dear dad turned 84. We have so many real stories to tell, and we learned the gift of telling "the rest of the story" from the master himself, DAD! That always came with a finger pointing up and a grin with the eyebrow lifted. He doesn't really remember that now, but I think now we are telling "the rest of his story!" He is happy and loves goodies. He received LOTS of goodies for his birthday. Cookies, candy, pretzels, and so much more. I had to remind him not to eat it all at once.......or I would have to put elastic in the waistband of all his trousers. He won't remember, but it is okay. I have lots of elastic:-)

Track practice. We are preparing for the State Special Olympics track meet. It is in May and I will share dates as soon as I get his for sure. We were excited to see our favorite coach there. He has been ill and the kids (term used loosely as they are 8-50's) were so excited to see him. Wonderful with the kids, a genuine heart for helping them succeed. 




So there you have it. A few pictures to enjoy and now you know what I know or at least think I know:-) And if you know what I know then you know that it is not that much! As you can see I am a bit TIRED or punchy despite the pillow time last night. Just need more, or more coffee or more.........time:-)

Have a beautiful day and hug someone you love just because.

Judy24-25




 


Comments

Popular Posts