The End or the Beginning?

This is always a deep, reflective time for me. You know it well if you have been in a family. It can be a shout for joy or a moment of deep sadness. It is the end of the year........the school year. It may sound a bit melodramatic, but it is an actual phenomena I think every parent, or at least mother, experiences. The absolute joy and excitement of seeing your child grow up happy and successful. All this positive emotion while simultaneously experiencing the sorrow or grieving of the end of that time when you could hold them in your hand, constantly able to control  their steps and protect them. When I look at the bearded face of my 5'7" son I see the bouncy little boy who jumps on the bed singing to Barney or the Wiggles or Veggietales. Time has flown by as it seems that.......

Just yesterday he was in a little car seat that I could sling over my arm and take anywhere.




Just yesterday he was learning to sit up and read his Dr. Seuss books.

Just yesterday he was sporting his first pair of glasses.







Just yesterday he was starting kindergarten with a backpack just half his size.

Just yesterday he was getting to know his new friends.



Just yesterday he completed his first special olympics.

Just yesterday he recorded It's Okay To Be Different which has been viewed around the globe.



Just yesterday he announced he had a girlfriend.

Just yesterday he told me I am the best mom ever.



Just yesterday he told me only 4 days of 10th grade left.

Just yesterday I brought him home and never wanted to put him down.



Just yesterday..................

Comments

Popular Posts