Ahhhh.......I think I am LOST?!

Well I fail to see where the time goes. It simply flies by. I know, we have heard that from every old person we know, right? But ahhhhh I am now that OLD(er) person who is saying to everyone I know "It is already tomorrow and I am still on last December"! I think I am LOST!!

And if  I am not lost most everyone I am around these days is or at least is exhibiting signs of lunar discombobulation......is that a word? I am sure it is in this movie I am trying to ignore. So to give you a glimpse into the chasm that is my world.......



Papa Bear loves planes. It is all he loved, all he did, he loves anything that takes flight.....and I sincerely believe could make peace with a mosquito. But anyway, I tell him we are going to the air museum. He is excited. I tell him I am coming to get him in the morning. I request a bag of items to be ready. When I arrive, they have not told the oncoming shift we were heading out. No problem. I see dad is at least dressed, though in his winter shirt. It is projected to be 110 degrees. Lovely. We change in to a cooler shirt. I see a bag of packed items so I think, at least they did this. But no, the contents were clearly packed by someone preparing for a week stay in pajamas and tee shirts. It's cute!!! SO I repack a few supplies for the day and we are off! No breakfast? No problem. He loves McDonald's. We are on the road. About half way there he says "Where are we going today?" "Well dad, where would you like to go?" "Where ever you take me!" "How about the air museum?" "Oh that would be great!" "Oh good, we are half way there!"



B-36 Peacemaker

More of these made than any other!

He is immediately engrossed when we arrive. They have moved the planes around, did not know you moved 20 ton pieces of aircraft. There are a few new jets. AWESOME! After the first building, roughly 15 minutes, he is ready to go. That's right, The Gooney Bird and the B-36. He is done. Ha. So every door he says "So is that the door out then?" "Not yet papa!" We made it through the other buildings and through lunch. Hot dogs and ice cream. He is in heaven!! As we head back home we start the drive back through Tucson. "Here it is, downtown Phoenix." "Not yet, we are in Tucson." "We are?" And so you can guess the rest. He had a great time though. He keeps the map in his pocket. And he wants to go again as he has never seen the buildings:-) He had fun!! And so did we. I love seeing his eyes light up if even for those few aircraft. It is gold!







Then my parents celebrated 64 years of marriage. 64! Incredible. And to think of how many times they moved, how many times he was overseas, how many times mom raised us alone, how many schools we went to, how many travel adventures we had. Fantastic. SPLURGE! Shrimp contest. Road games. Sunflower Seeds and Books while driving, look mom no hands! California, Virginia, Texas, Illinois, South Dakota and Bermuda. Mom bowled, volunteered at school, chauffeured us all over. Dad designed an air ambulance, worked with Nixon and taught flying to locals in Laos. Lots of travel and adventure. From a basement 1 room apartment with a ceiling clearance of 6 feet to a two story home with family get together's, corn bread dressing, Shanghai rummy, Atari and more. Lots of great memories and family time. 64!





And then there is Cody. Summer break. Five graduation parties. Summer program, water play, shopping, dance lessons, therapy, Diamondback games, Saturdays with friends in the park, his first "date". I am LOST. When did all this come to pass. Who permitted this rapid action plan? It is as if the "rapid define, design and implement" program from work has either fast tracked my life ..... or perhaps the program is based on my life. Well, for the thirty-one seconds I get to enjoy it, I LOVE it. Just wish it lasted much much much longer. So many people, so little time. So many opportunities, so little time. So many memories.......I hope they will last a long long time....and if not there are photos and a blog. Catch you on the other side of time................

Comments

  1. Thank you Judy, always a blessing, great memories. God is so good to us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts