Count Down ..........

It is amazing how fast time flies when I am distracted. So I am thinking part of it is that I am plagued by thoughts of the "next" things. Have you ever been there? It is overwhelming to think not only about where you have been and how far you have come, but even more about where you are about to go! I could say the abyss, but that sounds dark. I will tell you it is certainly a mystery in some ways. Because others have gone ahead of us it is not completely unknown, but it is unknown to ME! And today it is all about me. LOL!

4 days to 22. A marriage miracle! We have lasted longer than national and global averages, and still like each other. I think that is marvelous. I have talked to many that are married but have not desire to be. They do it for the kids, the house, the dogs, the pride. We are just doing cause we want to. Sweet!

8 days to 12. This is the most shocking number. Baby is in 12th grade. A senior, an upper class-men, a cool dude well known and having a gas everyday. He loves life, school, friends, teachers, learning. He is fun. He is happy. He is inspiring. He is the Code Man!

10 days to 17! That's right, in 10 days baby will be 17! My adorable, little chili bean is now a man child with facial hair and girl friend(s) and he no longer needs to hug me goodbye or hello or just because. I ask for a hug and I get it but...........it is clearly no longer his first thought.

152 days (give or take) to 28. Indeed. 27nieces, nephew, great nieces, great nephews and the mystery #28 to arrive this winter. I am so blessed with a lovely clan from both sides and wish all of them could come over for a pb and j or steak. LOL!

And well there are other numbers of days that are interesting and meaningful to me:

19, 293 days since the beginning..........if you said 'of time' I will have to hurt you. If you said since my glorious birth you are right on time. It is only 65 days until I get to celebrate yet another day (year) passing. I can count on a communities hands the number of days since I became a believer.... 12002, the number of days since I was married .....8033 and 6200 days since I became a mother......and a mere 1429 days since I started throwing my thoughts into the cyber wind!

I hope this day is special to you. After all, our days and even the hairs on our head are numbered!!! What number are you?

Job14:5, Psalm 39:4, Matthew 10:30


Comments

Popular Posts