Happy New Year

Well, it should be a happy new year, right? I have had the great fortune to live a goodly amount of years and I can tell you that 'happy' is perspective. You can be suffering from happy memories, happy moments or happy dreams. I tend to experience a healthy variety of these. I like to try to focus on the happy thoughts, much like whistling a happy tune. I grew up on Disney can you tell? LOL

Reality is that sometimes to get to the 'happy' you must endure the sad, painful or disappointing places in life. You find it necessary to look, search or cling to the hope in a situation to help get to the 'happy' ending. It is perspective,  it is choice, it is hard. I feel compelled to mention this on today's post as I know so many people that are in the struggle to return to those happy thoughts.

My year personally has been one of recovery and adjustment, acceptance and excitement. Kind of a roller coaster of physical, emotional and spiritual turns. I find in this journey that it is important to know that there are no surprises for God. He has gone ahead of me, knows my heart and has my best interest in the end. He knows me better than I know myself and even more important, He loves me more than I love myself. I might fuss, fret, fidget or fail but none of that matters to Him. He doesn't expect me to be perfect, but to walk.

For those in life's hardest battles, losing a dear spouse with young children, or losing a home to foreclosure with no income for rent. Those are very different and grave challenges. There is a lot of questioning, asking why or if. How do they get from the prostrate position of utter despair to a glimpse of the compassionate face of God who captures their every tear? What must they do to be restored, renewed or revived? What is amazing is that it is the same for us all, in any situation. We must simply walk.

He knows our condition, our frailty and  the depth of our suffering. He will hold us, take our hand and lead us to the next step, the next action. There really is nothing we do but trust. Walk and trust. It is in these things that we find the ability to once again be able to focus on the 'happy' in life. We move from happy moments to happy memories or dreams depending on the circumstance.

Comments

Popular Posts