Happy Super Bowl New Year

What on earth has happened to my blog? I was all set to share my deepest thoughts for the New Year and I have discovered that they are still in 'draft'. What does that imply? Have I stopped living, running a muck (whatever a muck is) or gone on some secret international mission? Well, the last one may hold the most intrigue but no. And I assure you my muck is running full throttle. I have been as busy as ever without attention to things like, a clock or calendar. I just move, constantly. And I enjoy it nearly always. I even had a dear friend and colleague comment that I am almost always happy. True.

Since Christmas we have celebrated all kinds of occasions though most are not traditional. Our favoritist event is New Year Silly String Silliness. As always, there is someone gonna get it. This year it was me, and then Cody. As I returned from the store I was treated by a giggly teen with a loaded can of string and great aim. But once his can was spent his father used his to make this a twofer. Hmmmm,  I am thinking we have got to work on a plan for next year perhaps focusing on the head of household.

In January One Step Dance Crew performed during the halftime at the men's basketball game at ASU.  They did a great job and will get to do it again  in February for a women's game. Big treat was that his BFF cousin Hannah and Best Buddy Prom date Alexandra were there to cheer him on, and take him to dinner and share ice cream. You could say it was the perfect night. Cody loves his dance and it is a great time had by all. As a matter of fact they performed in their first ever Dance Recital - Dance Free. Such a great time. Comedy between the dances, a variety of entertainment, great time with family. Really nice.

Cody and I have started going to a hot yoga class each week. We love it though my body is not always as enthusiastic. Good news is that my mind is all in and even if I can't strike every pose my mind does not seem to notice. It has been very helpful for my joints and mental  clarity as it is pretty much impossible to ponder the trials of life when you are focused on not falling over or breaking 'anything'!

Cody has been dancing with Caroline and will take his next RAD exam in March. We are excited and nervous for him as each exam will become more difficult, but we will see how he does. He loves to dance with Caroline and will do hours and hours of it for her, a remarkable feat still for a man-child who is pressed to run a 100m race. Oh well it speaks well to the benefit of motivation and chemistry. Listening to dear Caroline's South African accent I might dance for hours without a break as well.

I am reminded often of the value of friends and family while appreciating the distance and or time between us. It is very difficult at times to have to work much more than full time and still try to meet the demands of uber busy boy whose life on any given day is the one I enjoy the most. Seriously he has so much fun every day and I so want to spend as much time as possible in his 'hood'. Fortunately he still likes me to be around, though I am frequently reminded that clingy is not longer cool since he is a man. Really I am not sure why that matters, but apparently it does.

And so here it is February. Super Bowl Sunday. Some folks have other reasons to celebrate but what a great day. The game was awesome, though the Cardinals were not there, at least the Broncos did us proud. The Waste Management golf went into a 5 hole play off. Hannah got her stats homework started and some real grill food while she was here. Rich got to golf and watch all of the sports he could possibly remote to and I got to enjoy watching it all. What a great day. Life is pretty amazing when we are allowed/able/willing to stop and smell the roses or hot dogs, whatever suits.

Comments

  1. I had a big trig test today and celebrated by visiting all of my favorite online spaces...this was such a treat for my soul! I love the way you write. Thank you for your joy-filled words! Love and miss you and Cody!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts