Lucy


I can honestly say that of all the reading I have done, the Chronicles of Narnia are my favorites. Every time I have read them I am at a different place in my life, or had a situation present that is reflected in the characters and stories. C. S. Lewis was one great observer of life!

I would like to think I could be the loyal Reepicheep who is small, mighty and unflappable. Well, anyone who knows me knows that is not ANYTHING like me........After all I am TALL :-) and he is, after all, a mouse or rodent of some kind. I am no longer strong, but wimpy with a sore shoulder, wrist, hip, ankle and I no longer am able to keep my mind calm with changes. I am a real disaster. Ha!

I occasionally see a bit of Susan in me, but not often. Foo-foo and all things frilly have never had my attention...mostly because they are not often in my size:-) Edward and Peter are tried and true kings, both tested and steadfast....with some normal brotherly combat from time to time, but never forsaking their family or their king! They have focus on the final prize.

So that brings me to Lucy. I so want to walk with that simple faith, willingness to see/admit my flaws and then move on, not hold on to anything. Just letting go and following the prize. She is the most spiritually free of the children. Not Woodstock free but no guilt, innocent, no remorse, total trust free! She is Mary choosing to sit at the feet of the king instead of Martha losing focus over spring rolls and table cloths and the number of house guests who have showed up for supper.

As I write this I think of my week. What will I focus on, what will get done and what will have to get tossed onto the someday list. What will I be concerned about that I can change now and what will I need to hand over, trusting the King to deal with. Hmmm There are really big things that I would like to fix, but know I can not. I have to let the King work....will I be able to let those things go? What would Lucy do?

She would talk to the great Aslan, He would give her an answer and she would move on, trusting her King had her best interest in mind. I will let you know how it goes and if I am actually able to keep my mind free, untangled, not trying to solve the worlds or my dilemmas but letting the Masters Hand take care of every tiny detail!

Comments

Popular Posts