Freedom

What does it mean to have freedom? To be free? Many people discuss this and from diverse points of view. Just being able to tell someone your thoughts, this blog, is evidence of freedom. In most countries it is forbidden to share an independent idea. And when some dare to rise up and take the risk of voicing their thoughts, a revolution occurs.
I sit and listen to people degrade our country, our privilege and they defend anything that comes to their minds. They criticize the military, the defense funds and weapons and yet, without these vital elements we would be at the mercy of those who would choose to control and oppress us. You can even complain about the complaint and not go to jail or be stoned to death.
So what do I enjoy about my freedom? The ability to shop where I want, eat where I want, bank where I want, work where I want, live where I want, marry who I want, worship who I want and where I want. I can read what I want, watch what I want, believe what I want, pray where I want.
We have so much to be thankful for. We can do ANYTHING we want as long as it does not harm others. We are free to be, do, live, laugh, cry and celebrate anywhere across the country. We are free to be you and me, so fly a flag, thank a soldiers family, grill some hot dogs, watch some sports and thank your God you live here, in the land of the free and the brave. JUDE 24-25

Comments

Popular Posts