It's All Good


No matter what the day might look like, perspective is everything. I see so much wisdom in the simple way my son approaches life. As I watch him day in and day out I glean behavior that would be so much more desirable. Don't get me wrong. He is a boy, a teenager and is far more fond of dirt and body noises then I am.
That being said, his great outlook far overshadows these "hobbies." When things don't work right or won't let go he will declare "Hmmm. It's a sticky situation here." I laugh every time. Or there are any number of times he has to remind me "Calm down mom. Take a deep breath and count to ten." This of course followed by a rendition of the Doodlebops song Count To Ten.
How many times has a situation presented where a cheery song and count down could have averted a melt down? Well in the last 24 hours I can honestly say that I should be singing still....but no. I find it difficult to see that "sticky situation" as an opportunity to sing. Instead I repress the thoughts and emotions I do not feel are Godly to declare and develop chest palpitations and arm pain. Pretty weak sister ya think? But an honest one.




So how to amend my coping process is likely as simple as to "sing, sing a song...." You know the rest. I may need a few reminders until I can make my attitude adjustment habit.

Comments

Popular Posts