Happy Fathers Day


Fathers day. What a wonderful opportunity to recall the many wonderful memories. Now I could bore you with hours of tales, and I mean HOURS! But not wanting to be that annoying friend or family member who drops in with their three hour slide show, I am going to pose some questions instead.
For starters, what is your earliest memory of your father? Might be fun, not so fun or third hand. You know the ones, your sibling reminds you of something you may have chosen to forget. These are usually more fun for the sibs!
What about the favorite christmas, best vacation, first driving lesson, greatest fish story? My mind is full of answers. My dad lived a fascinating and full life and has stories enough to co-write a Clive Cussler thriller! Good stuff.
And then there are those softer memories. Like favorite aftershave, shirts, sayings and how he mended those injuries or wounded hearts. Dad provided hours of laughter, good humor and hours of card playing. I am grateful every day for my dad, the man that he is and the optimism with which he saw the world.
Hope you will enjoy your walk down memory lane.

Comments

Popular Posts