Friends


I am constantly amazed by the gentle and accepting nature of our son. He has never met an enemy, which is not necessarily a good point, but for this post it is perfect! He has enjoyed every moment of his social world. And he is timeless, without age or barrier. He actually thinks he is one of us, you know, adults! Even though he would prefer to lay on the floor with Woody or dance to BooBah, he is comfortable at the table with old(er) people.

I envy him at times. He does not seem to get annoyed by conversation or quirky mannerisms. He does not seem to mind if they repeat themselves or drone on and on. He doesn't even get disturbed if they interrupt, something I never do.....or at least never admit to. "Hey I was talking!" Anyway, time in the "hood" is all good to him. He thinks he is all that and loves being in the mix. I look at the depth of his friends and am so impressed with the people he has attracted. They are not bad!!

In his circle he has girls, lots of girls. And he does not seem to mind gray hair, age, or other direct conflicts such as they HAVE a boyfriend:-) He will sit and talk, color, dance, shop (and HE CAN SHOP!)or eat. If you say "Wanna go....." you don't even have to say where and he is in the car, with whomever is driving!

I am so blessed by his gang as I actually LOVE them all! I inherit a great multitude of friends as a result of his magnetism. How cool. Usually you have to do all the work, seek out peers, people you can relate to. With him I just show up and "BOOM!" I have friends. My life is rich beyond words because of the many individuals who love our son. Young or old, they seem to tolerate me. I am old but immature so I think there is tolerance by some of the kids (those under .....you know, my age!) and I am really good with old(er) people as I am surrounded by them. Ha. I have so much fun just being with the group, whether we are coloring, playing Wii or watching Frasier. He puts that in just for me:-) I am incredibly glad to be counted among his friends!

So to the friends, some shown here, THANK YOU for befriending this guy and even more, for befriending me! I Love FRIENDS! Now I digress and sing Barneys famous closing song.....come on you know it.......well I am not going to tell you! Time to check it out on you tube! xox








Comments

  1. So thankful to be one of Cody's and therefore one of Judy's friends!! Love this post! Thank you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts