Really???


How many times have I uttered that simple word? And on some of my more classic days it is often followed or preceded by things like "Are you kidding me?" "I can't believe this!" "Come on." "Unbelievable!" Etc Etc Etc. You get the just. Now alone, any one of these may be subjected to serious consideration. Is she excited? Is she happy? Is she confused? Does she want to go for a ride? Could "really" go in any number of directions. But to be quite transparent, it just means.............REALLY?!

Have you had one of those moments or days? Things are going along well and then it happens. You have an "event". Could be the dropping of the ice cubes or the crashing of a car or anything in between. We become immediately perplexed as to why such a life changing event (remember the ice cube) has happened to poor little us. Me, suffering such a travesty as a wet floor or the need to BEND OVER! Do I hear a giggle? Is it just me? You must know the moment I am referring to, the one where you are humbled by spilled tea or a dropped box of Q-tips.

I would like to feel guilty and isolated in this but I am a firm believer that we are more alike than unalike. And because of that I don't commit myself immediately to serious counseling or a mental health unit as a result. Plain and simple, it is grumbling. Complaining when a normal common life event occurs. "Do all things without grumbling." You may have heard this and thought it was a quote from Oprah or some such, but no it is from a far more reliable source. Philippians 2:14.

So while I am always trying to catch it before it flies, I realize it is going to slip at times. And as I am an old(er) dog it takes a bit longer to learn my tricks:-) What I want to do is take that thought captive and give it a happy thought :-) Yes think Disney. What would Cinderella do? Or Snow White? Or even Barney? They would sing. So if you are around me in the next few weeks (years) while I work on this most human flaw you may hear me whistle a happy tune or sing about my favorite things. Ha. I might even throw an old 70's song in there. So let the games (or music) begin!

Comments

  1. Love it! Whistle away -- capture those thoughts and thanks for encouraging me to do the same!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts