It's Coming!

Don't you want to know what's coming? Me too! I know I am writing this so you would expect me to know what's coming, right? But I don't. I know there are several, or 100's of things coming that might bring great anticipation and 'it' is different for everyone. What I DO know is that I am excited it's coming and I can't wait some days. So here are a few things that are on my list of coming events, just don't know the details.

Christmas, but that was easy. I love Christmas not at all for what I get but for what comes with it. Christ's birthday, the best gift ever and really the only one we need! Because of that gift we get to share joy, love, food, hugs, gifts, songs, clothes, a warm home, a listening ear, a tear, a laugh and so much more. And when we open up to that giving spirit we GET so much more and it is never what we expect. It's always a surprise.

The New Year, God willing. And it tends to bring lots of surprises like lists of unmet resolutions, babies, weddings, change, deaths, illness, friendships, bad haircuts, new teeth, you know. The list is just endless. Every day an adventure! Yes I really do talk like this. Ask my employees. In good or bad, for better or worse, in all things there is mystery, uncertainty and growth. With each event, small or catastrophic we are given the opportunity to learn something, gain wisdom and share forward the lessons learned. I never know what that will be and I can confidently say it is rarely what I expect. It's coming.

Peace! That is always the most important thing. It comes to calm the slightest whisper of anxiety and it fills me up as I reflect on a life well lived. Waking up, unafraid , reminded of the gift of another day. Walking along the sidewalk knowing I am not alone when I fall, and I have, twice! Waiting for news and making decisions, trusting I have the best Counselor. Closing my eyes knowing that whether they open again or not, I am either here or HOME! It will come at the most desperate times and the most content. It is the calm that speaks softly, is full of truth not fear. It is the smile that sneaks up on my face or the sigh that comes from feeling gratitude. Awesome!

So basically, we will know it when we see it. It's coming! Be sure you are ready to embrace it and live with purpose. When you do you will always find each day a surprise, an adventure waiting for you!

Comments

Popular Posts