Wearing the Uniform



Ever have one of those days (years) where no matter where you go or what you do it is covered by a cloud? Today is such a day. So the day starts off innocently enough, but then goes south, past Brazil and possibly to the geographical center of Antarctic. The physician treating me is worried about his money, understood, as it is part the treatment for a car accident. The referring physician doesn't want to write for continuation of the part of treatment that's working but is very willing to go for the ones that don't. The consulting physician forgot to write for any treatment. The surgicenter for my sons procedure has called to tell me they have not gotten clearance and approval for payment from any of his three health plans. And my mother fell (she is sore but good) and I know this because I stopped to help them find their lost checkbook. I walk in seeing my dad is sitting about 2 feet away from her in a dining room chair, staring. Did I say ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH yet? I am sure I did, I have been thinking it for some time.

Well, I know that God is in control, no doubt about it. I know that we are under attack, nothing new under the sun. I am given just what I need to deal with the situation. Okay, got the big bases covered. But my weakly flesh is pooped out. The good news, I found the old peoples checkbook right where I told them it was. "But the numbers are wrong, we can't use them if the numbers are wrong." So I reassure them that they will not go to jail or have their account closed if they use them out of order. So I also demonstrated that while the top check in their old book was number 17, that it was followed by 18-20, which would mean, yes in deedy, that the first check in the next book, #21, is the CORRECT book. I jest and the wonder when it will be that I too will forget simple steps to problem solving, like counting.

I am still waiting to see what will happen with all the docs and all the notes to be written and the insurance approval to get coverage for my little mans procedure. Which means, unfortunately, that I will have to answer the phone Monday. So what will I do to prepare? I will put on the uniform. I will smile, be patient, calm and speak respectfully. I will say please and thank you. I will cry in the bathroom or while muting the phone and fix my face before I go back for another round. I will be hopeful that everything will be resolved, that the letters will be obtained for therapy, that authorization will be received for surgery, that my parents will remain upright and that I will remember to be grateful for the process.

Epheisans 6:10-18

Comments

Popular Posts