Until Death



I have a bath towel that has a great quote: "It may be true that married men live longer but they are much more willing to die." I love it and I am sure it is true. Ha. My husband has always been patient and very forgiving. But I have placed even greater challenge on him this year as my memory has been a bit ...... um.....absent at times since a summer car accident. Leave it to the unexpected events in life to change a course. We wake up and feel we know what the day will hold and Boom, surprise, you are completely wrong!

Doesn't mean the change is bad, but it can certainly force you to evaluate many things when these life events occur. What is important? What really needs to be done? What can be let go of, etc? Will world peace be prevented? Will Oprah cancel your featured episode? Really....

I have historically been very busy and very organized. Now not so much, matter of fact it is midnight, I have dirty dishes in the sink and a load of clothes that will need to meet the dryer in the morning. And I need to vacuum but that will need to wait too. Will anyone die if these things aren't done? No way. I spent the evening watching football with my husband and painting with my son. Then i tackled a poster for a friend. These are the things that will have value for the family and friends, not that my baseboards were washed (though I would be really grateful if anyone would want to help with any of these things:)).

I look at couples who have been married for many years and when asked what kept them together it was never once mentioned that it was because the dishes were in the cupboard or the laundry was done or the windows were washed. It was more for things like friendship, support, faithfulness, forgiveness, humor, patience and of course love. Those are things I want in my husbands citation should he be asked. And we are friends, which is great because when the world rises up against us or the lawn overtakes the house, we still have each other.

Proverbs 17

Comments

Popular Posts