War




When we look at that word it evokes a plethora of images. Some people think about a war of words, or a personal war. But today we are constantly reminded of global wars and rumors of war. The kind that call us to sacrifice the safety and presence of our family members and friends. The kind that requires our family members and friends to be courageous in the face of danger. The kind that cause us to evaluate even our own mortality.

I come from a military family so this is very familiar to me. It does not make it any easier. It is hard to have family away anytime but during the holidays especially that unoccupied seat is most noticeable. I have spent years without my father home, realizing only now as an adult the danger he was in at times. Today I have nephews and great friends who are deployed in three different countries. It is incredibly difficult for me to consider their risk. I tear up whenever I consider it.

I can not imagine how this time is for their families. But I do know that what these fine men and women provide for me, my family and our country is the protection of freedom. They lay it all on the line so I can blog, watch the television show of my choice, vote for the politician who best represents me and worship in the house of my faith. The price for this is immeasurable.

So to those who serve, THANK YOU. I am grateful for you everyday and pray constantly for your safety and wisdom in the field. For those of you who are missing your family I THANK YOU and pray for you as well, to be strong, trusting constantly in the One who has known us before time and who holds us in His hands.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Comments

Popular Posts