I’m Sorry

I’m Sorry

For hurt
For lies
For suffering
For abuse
For illness 
For loss
For disappointment
For poverty
For homelessness
For frustration
For loneliness 
For war
For violence
For sadness
For failure

I’m sorry that in the midst of life 
Difficult or unexpected things occur
I’m sorry I’m not there to hug you
And share tears and grief

I’m sorry I can’t take it for you
And hope I have never added to it
My heart and hope stand fast with you
As I lay it all down at the throne

I don’t know why hard things happen
I can’t explain why God allows it
But I know He has experienced it
At the horrible death of His Son

That hope rose with a dark sky
A torn vail and an empty tomb
Hope lives in the resurrected Jesus
Gloried, Ascended, Reigning

He knows all your suffering 
He collects every single tear
But one day He’ll Call you home 
And There you will be sorry no more

Jlg 10/31/18(c)

Comments

Popular Posts